Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Working at the Atelier 17 with William Stanley Hayter at 10 Rue Didot in the 14th arrondisement in Paris, France in 1978-79 ( working with fellow artists Pedro Ruiz, Colombian ; Fred Jones British living in Galesburg, Illinois, Jean Clerte, Frenchman from Paris, Deborah Kaplan, American ; George Ball, American; Ediria Carneiro, Sau Paulo, Brasil; Margaret Keith, American from Alabama ; Hideko Seki female from Japan ; Ofelia Ingram, Bogota, Columbia ; Akemi Noguchi, Japan ; Carol Field, New Jersey, USA ; Snaige Sileika, Canadian/Lithuanian descent, Toronto ; Bruce Dunnet, Canadian,; Peter Bond, Australian, Junko Kobayashi, Japan; Vicki M. Mattice; Jennifer Clark, American, Washington DC ; Poncho Morial, Mexico ; Cristina Piceda, Buenos Aires, Argentina ; Mansor Ibrahim, Malaysia, Selanger ; Miguel Espinoza, Arequipa, Peru ; Mariane Aublet, French, Paris ; Tsugua Yanai, Japan ; Honda, Japan ... ) was amazing and I loved it and am very grateful for this amazing experience working with so many fine artists from around the world " Krishna Reddy, and so many others, Pedro, Dallas, Franca, Marianne, Seki, ...

Here are some great pictures I took, and some taken for me working at the great Atelier 17 in Paris, France in the 14th arrondisement at 10 Rue Didot, and having coffee next door at Madame Paulette's incredible Tabac/ café , restaurant : amazing times, amazing people, loved it soooooo. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn , today Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 - happy new year, happy new decade -




I had this idea to take all these pictures of us that etched with Bill Hayter, Hector, too at Atelier 17 







Here are the names of many of the people that etched with me at the Atelier 17. This is from a book of sketches and art that they each did for me as a present. I love it, I cherish it. Cheers, merci, thanks, grazie, obregado, … sante!



Later I went on the manage the Atelier 63 of Joelle Serve that also etched with Bill Hayter at one point. I managed her Atelier de Gravure at 54, Rue Daguerre, also in the 14th arrondisement at 54 Rue Daguerre. I loved that experience afterward and worked with many French aspiring artists. It was great. Merci Joelle!

I did this for the experience and to not have to pay a monthly fee to etch. It saved me money that helped as I was paid a monthly salary as a male aupair of 1,200 francs!




This drawing and also letter sent to me by fellow American artist Fred Jones I received one year after he left the Atelier 17!






Everyone including me here above loved Madame Paulette - here in her Tabac/ Café!




The drawing Bill Hayter drew in my sketch book showing us how to do our first etching exercise with textures, space, volume, etcetera ...







Christina Piced above laughing at Madame Paulette's!





Above one of my etchings of this same beggar woman from the Metro Trocadero.


The beggar woman I often sketched at the Metro Trocadero that no one stopped so say hello / bonjoir, give her money, . I saw her, I often sketched her.



I love to draw, in my notebooks.




My watercolor I did along with many others that sometimes became etchings.




Notes in one of my many notebooks I carried around Paris/



My etching I entitled : " Freedom of Choice - Choice of Freedom "




Bruce Dunnet's drawing for his etching.


More to come, this is just the beginning, stay tuned for more. Cheers all. Merci a tous. Anthony TONY Quinn le 19 Fevrier ici chez Quinn's Aux Etats-Unis 2020




















No comments:

Post a Comment